ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: 450 mph...

450 mph...

approximate speed this F-16 was going as he passed by where I was shooting.

I've been on active duty for a couple of weeks, doing some training. Got done early one day and snuck out to the range and got a couple of decent shots.

This is one of our F-16's doing a high speed pass dropping flares. If you look closely, you can see he's in afterburner and the light areas on top of the wings is condensation being forced out of the air.

This was pretty much the way it came out of my 1D, just sharpened a bit.

Troy

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

An earlier shot in the sequence...

This was a little earlier in the sequence of shots (I really enjoy the 1D's speed!!). You can see two flares and the little white spot right behind the tail is smoke from the flare ejection sequence. The white area in the bottom right that looks like a comet is actually an airliner contrail.

I don't like this one as much as my first post but thought it was still interesting. I got a series of about 12 shots that were all decent but these two stuck out.

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information