ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

"24 Hours of Autumn" Post Questions here.

Today is the first day of Autumn

2 days from today, we're having our third "24 Hours" assignment. The first two were held this past summer and were extremely successful. We decided to make the assignment a seasonal project with a new 24 Hours being held every few months. This autumn's 24 Hours will be held on Saturday, October 7th.

The gist of the 24 Hours assigment is to have the members of this board - across the United States and all around the world - photograph their lives in the same 24-hour period. The resulting collection of photographs paints a very interesting cross-section of our photographyREVIEW.com members' lives. The assignment is completely optional. You may choose to participate or to watch.

The assignment:
    Photograph your world from midnight to midnight, 24 hours, Saturday, October 7th

Subjects can be whatever you want them to be. Events, your house, your job, your vacation, still lifes, portraiture, whatever you want to throw into that 24 hours, feel free! The more detail and diversity we have, the greater the project becomes.

We do ask that members do not flood the project with images, but be selective in choosing the images that characterize their world the best. That being said, there is no limit on the number of photos you can post.

You cannot start shooting until 12am, Saturday morning. I will lock this thread until then. I will open it Friday evening so that our members across the Atlantic can be posting as midnight hits their region.

If you have any questions or comments, please post here or feel free to pm me.

2 days and counting!!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Liz

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" - Saturday, October 7th

This is sooooooo exciting! I really enjoyed the last one.......thanks for setting it all up, Rick. I look forward to it......I've begun the thinking process....what what what to do!

Liz

Liz

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" this Saturday! October 7th!

Don't forget folks.................SATURDAY is the DAY!

Liz

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" this Saturday! October 7th!

Thanks Liz!

I decided to unlock this thread to make it easier for people to ask questions or add their comments on the project. When the time comes for the project to begin, I'll create a new thread.

I'll be creating sub-threads for "morning," "noon" and "night" like last time, since most people seemed to like that format. It helps keep the project organized, too.

To refresh everyone's memory, here's the first 24 Hours Project:
    24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!

And the second one:
    Another 24 hours! Saturday June 3

Remember, the only rule is that you shoot between midnight and midnight, your local time Saturday. You'll have plenty of time to upload your pictures to the thread in the weeks following.

I look forward to everyone's contributions this Saturday!

Walter Rick Long

Liz

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" Tomorrow! Saturday October 7th!

Better start making plans folks! 7 hours left!

I'm not sure, but I think I'll go to NYC tomorrow......unless I can find somewhere else to go for a change! If anyone has any suggestions about another place just a little quieter in Northern NJ or 25 mile or so radius, I'd honestly welcome a change! I've been soooooo busy lately that my creativity isn't too active at the moment. Wherever I go, it sure will be great to go out and spend a good part of the day shooting! YES! :thumbsup:

Liz

Sounds great Liz! I am also planning a trip (now that Ken has an eigth grandchild a few days early ) either to Grand Falls or Mission San Xavier.

I hope someone on the board has fall colors they can shoot?

These 24 Hour projects really make for a great excuse to get out
    Walter Rick Long

Liz

Fall colors sound great; however, around here everything is still mostly green with a few colored leaves here and there. PA isn't far - that's a thought. To be honest, I'm kind of in a little rut where my photography is concerned as I've had so little time to shoot, so when I get a few hours, I always go to the city.

If anyone knows a specific area/town in PA where there is some nice scenery, etc - NJ side - I'd love to know!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Sounds great Liz! I am also planning a trip (now that Ken has an eigth grandchild a few days early ) either to Grand Falls or Mission San Xavier.

I hope someone on the board has fall colors they can shoot?

These 24 Hour projects really make for a great excuse to get out

Smile Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" Tomorrow! Saturday October 7th!

This sounds fun and couldn't be on a better day for me. Saturday our County Fair kicks off with a parade, the Youth Football League has it closing day stuff and my Aunt's suprise 70th birthday party all happen. I should be able to come up with something to post
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

This is great!!! Hopefully I can sneak something in between assisting at a wedding and a class photo assignment...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'll be out looking and shooting some fall colors tomorrow, along with some football, and hopefully some wildlife. I've been looking forward to spending the whole day with my camera tomorrow! Just a little over 3 hours to go in my time zone!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" Post Questions here.

In approx. 2 hrs. I'm going to go out and shoot the full moon to start my project. I'll also be helping my daughter and her family move tomorrow, so some "action" shots of that ought to be fun, while they're yelling at me to put the camera down and start helping...hahahaha...Good luck everyone. I look forward to seeing everyones projects.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: "24 Hours of Autumn" Post Questions here.

Sounds like everyone has some great plans for tomorrow Like Ken said, it's a full moon tonight and into tomorrow - but not just any full moon - the Harvest Moon!!
    Walter Rick Long

Thread Information