ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Richardson & Kirkbride

The looming silhouette was awe inspiring as I drove up Richmond Ave. And there is was, just on the horizon, it's two towers spiking into the clear blue July sky.

The HH Richardson Complex...

For those interested in the A.L date (A.L 5872) that refers to Anno Lucis or the year of Light, a weird Freemason calendar system created by James Ussher.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Richardson & Kirkbride

Creepy! I like the third and fourth.
    Now this place appears abandoned, yet the lawn is mowed and there are a lot of cars parked there?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Now this place appears abandoned, yet the lawn is mowed and there are a lot of cars parked there?
    That's right. Although the HH Richardson Complex is abandoned, the property is still in use. Some of the wings of the Kirkbride had to be ripped down in order to make room for the Institutional style building that now houses the Buffalo Psych Hospital.

This meant that while I was wandering around the campus looking at the kirkbride and taking photos a nice State Trooper drove up to me and questioned my presence. I pulled a story out to keep him happy and he let me continue on my way. Providing I didn't take any photos of their 'clients'

But wherever I went, I had a state trooper shadowing me about ten feet behind me.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Very cool shots of a very interesting and ominous looking building. Love the first B & W but the rest are good too.

I love that architecture! The first b&w photo really brings out the ominous and creepy feeling of that kind of building! very cool photos
    "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Thread Information