Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Remote Solutions for Nikon D50

There is a minor controversy in the user D50 reviews, someone claims that the D50 pop-up flash will remotely trigger the new Nikon 600 and 800 flashes where most online reviews say that the D50 needs a new Nikon 800 flash mounted on the camera to trigger another 800 or 600. Does anyone know if the Nikon D50 pop-up will trigger a Nikon 800 or 600 flash?

Also someone named Edan wrote a review and claimed he bought an inexpensive "remote flash sending unit available for all recent Nikon cameras" that will mount in the D50 hotshoe and fire other camera wirelessly but he is set-up NOT to accept forum e-mail. Can enyone explain to me what Edan is talking about?
    Last edited by awang429; 10-21-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: correctly spell Nikon

Re: Remote Solutions for Mikon D50

If the 600 or 800 is set to a slave mode of somekind, then yea. I dont know much about Nikon flash systems, but with my Canons, the answer would be no as the flash responds to a infrared type transmission, not light.

Thread Information