Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Photopgraphy Setup

Hi, I am new to the website and I just had a couple of general questions...anyone have some good recommendations on what type of equipment people use to take pictures of shoes? I have decided to start an online business and the only thing I have is a canon eos20d and i am just looking for some recommendations on good lighting system to use for the purporse of taking pics for online web shopping...thanks

Re: Photopgraphy Setup

I saw your other post and can assure you that you don't need $5000 worth of lighting equipment. For ebay product shots you really only need to hot lights and a backdrop. There are all kinds of packages available specifically for the type of photography you're doing. Most of them are between $250 and $500. Here's a link to some new packages that Photoflex is just introducing: http://www.photoflex.com/photoflex/p...dio/index.html
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Photopgraphy Setup

Quote Originally Posted by jsyang15
    Hi, I am new to the website and I just had a couple of general questions...anyone have some good recommendations on what type of equipment people use to take pictures of shoes? I have decided to start an online business and the only thing I have is a canon eos20d and i am just looking for some recommendations on good lighting system to use for the purporse of taking pics for online web shopping...thanks
    Are your intentions only to photograph shoes or are you also interested in expanding your interests in this field?
    John gave you an awesome low budget recommendation for product photography, but if you are also looking to pursue additional avenues in this field may I also recommend taking a look at http://www.alienbees.com.

Christos

Thread Information