Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

photo backdrop--ideas?

I enjoy shooting newborns and babies, using mostly black or white backdrops. I have an ideal room for shooting in natural light, but need a simple/easy way to make a "frame" for the backdrop which would be draped in the fabric. Do any of you have experience/ideas for making a backdrop that would be simple and easy to do? I once saw an idea of buying several inexpensive clothes racks and draping black or white fabric over it. Have you made or used anything like this? Also, are there some fabrics which would be more suitable than others? Thanks for your help.

Re: photo backdrop--ideas?

PVC pipe is cheap, light and breaks down easily.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Oopps..Doble posting..I do apologize. Please delete my last post..Thank you!
    “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

Looking for photo studio equipment go online for Green Screen Kit includes chroma key green screen stands, green screen backdrops, green screen muslin screen and carry bag is available online at online store for professional photographers.
    Visit us

Looking for photo studio equipment go online for Green Screen Kit includes chroma key green screen stands, green screen backdrops, green screen muslin screen and carry bag is available online at online store for professional photographers.
    Visit us

Hi! Why don't you try the seamless paper backdrop? I'm pretty sure it would look more natural. I have checked out @ Photographicbackdrop.com where they have some pastel colored seamless paper backdrops perfect for shooting newborns and babies.
    “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

Thread Information