• 01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
    dsl712
    1 Attachment(s)
    Oops. Here's the light setup Steve
    Hey this is a cross post for the light set up on this thread
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...?p=438#post438
    Picture attached.

This is what I call my Home Depot Setup.

1 Home Depot clip on light $7.99
    1 Photoflex 5 in 1, 32 inch lightdisk using the translucent disk over the light about 6 inches. Taped to my tripod since I am too cheap to buy a reflector holder.
    1 foam core 2X3 (free, stolen from my office)

Light shooting through lightdisc about 2 ft above and 2 ft away from subject. Foam core on the lap of subject bouncing light into the lower shadows. Shot from slightly above eye level.

Steve, you are right it is my wife. No makeup in her PJ's watching TV. She hates when I have her sit there while I try new lighting, so don't mind the "I'm going to kill you" look.

Dennis
  • 01-31-2004, 04:48 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Well, nowing all that now, makes it relative. Thanks for sharing the info. I was trying to workout how you had the lighting so even and soft. Now I know.

Thanks.
  • 02-01-2004, 09:47 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Impressive...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dsl712
    Hey this is a cross post for the light set up on this thread
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...?p=438#post438
    Picture attached.

This is what I call my Home Depot Setup.

1 Home Depot clip on light $7.99
    1 Photoflex 5 in 1, 32 inch lightdisk using the translucent disk over the light about 6 inches. Taped to my tripod since I am too cheap to buy a reflector holder.
    1 foam core 2X3 (free, stolen from my office)

Light shooting through lightdisc about 2 ft above and 2 ft away from subject. Foam core on the lap of subject bouncing light into the lower shadows. Shot from slightly above eye level.

Steve, you are right it is my wife. No makeup in her PJ's watching TV. She hates when I have her sit there while I try new lighting, so don't mind the "I'm going to kill you" look.

Dennis

Dennis, I think you did a great job with a hodgepodge of equipment (that's an industry term ;) ). As I said before, the lighting definitely works.

Now, photographing the wife with no makeup in pjs may be a different story. I'm all for taking risks in photography, but it seems to me that you're risking your LIFE here, pal. :eek:

Make sure you tell her I think she's quite an attractive lady, even face "au natural". It might just save your butt... :D