Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Need some quick help!

Howdy folks,

Hopefully someone can help me out, since I'm a landscape photog venturing into to realm of studio/product shots. I'm shooting some food that's being observed as it goes bad (yummy, I know), and taking shots every 2-3 days or so in order to document. I want the exposures to be the same for all days of testing, so I'm using the same lighting, shutter, and aperture for every shot. For the first round of testing (already completed), I figured I would put the food on the top shelf of a refrigerator, guessing that the lighting was probably meant to make the food look as appetizing as possible. (I've attached a very precise lighting diagram below.) But I'm not entirely happy with the results, and would like to know if anyone has advice for me on what to change. I'm using a P&S digital (the Canon A75), so I can't use an external flash or anything like that. I'm going to be taking photos of strawberries and lettuce again, so I posted some pics from the first round. Hopefully someone's got advice for me. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need some quick help!-diagram.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information