Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Need Some Opinions

well i seen this link that allison posted in a thread, and my parents want some good portraits of my brother and his girlfriend at prom, what i want to do is set up some lights in my room with a nice back drop and do some shots in there first.
    im really interested in trying out what was shown in the video, has anyone tried this and do you think it would work for what i would like to do?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eik8i...eature=related
    Last edited by rylan; 03-25-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Re: Need Some Opinions

im going this weekend to buy that type of lights, stands and everything needed, and im gonna give it a shot! worst case scenario if they dont work out like i want, i use them in the garage for lights
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Tried to look at the link and didn't see anything but a search page. Have you got any portable strobes now, hot shoe types? You can do fairly well with a pair of stands, and 45" or less umbrellas. A few of the threads below show shots with pocket strobes.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

there we go fixed!

naw i dont have anything i noticed this idea and it looked to turn out great

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Pretty cool looking set up. I 'd want a little more spread out of the units and some more diffusion. Make sure that you custom white balance, I don't trust the manufacturers rated color balance claims.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

will do! im sure i can get it to work out ok for a home jobby set up haha
    cheap too eh......
    priced everything today and its costing me 40$ cash

Thread Information