Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Question Lowel Ego for personal portraits???

I am looking to get some studio lighting to use with my Nikon D70. I am a little intimidated about using strobes and I am also concerned of the heat with continous lights. I am looking at the Lowel Ego set that bh sells. It is a set of 2 lights with stands and reflectors. I have found reviews that say the color rendering is amazing for a flourescent light and they have even won awards. I think they are mainly designed for product photography, but have been used by a few for portraiture. Let me know if you have any experience or if you think I should just bite the bullet and go strobe and figure it out. P.S. I have a nikon sb600 speedlight and a sc29 sync cord to attach to my bracket. I don't know if any of these are compatible with say alien bees or something.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Lowel Ego for personal portraits???

I have used my SB 800 as a keylight in a small umbrella in commander mode for head shots and as a back light when set in manual to work with a sync cord.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information