Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Digital Backdrops

Iīm looking for a good source of digital backdrops to use with my shots...free or cheap that is.

Any of you chaps have some linkys?
    Thanks

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Re: Digital Backdrops

Sorry Rob... what do you mean by digital backdrops...?

Quote Originally Posted by draymorton
    Sorry Rob... what do you mean by digital backdrops...?
    mmm I thought I got the right term...you know these backgrounds you use in the studio that you pull down which are made of some sort printed linen. I`m looking for the counterpart in the digital world...a set of images to serve as background.

Like these....I was wondering if there are some sites that have some free ones to experiment....

http://creativephotographybackground...pt-225199.aspx

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRob
    mmm I thought I got the right term...you know these backgrounds you use in the studio that you pull down which are made of some sort printed linen. I`m looking for the counterpart in the digital world...a set of images to serve as background.

Like these....I was wondering if there are some sites that have some free ones to experiment....

Ok, gottcha. I first thought you meant ChromaKey backgrounds which are sometimes referred to as digital because they are meant to easily remove the subject from it so you can replace the bg with whatever you like, as those theat you are interested in. You might want to shoot against one of those if you plan on removing and replacing the background. They are usually green or blue.
    As for bacground images, you can find them free online as well as textures but they are usually not very high res.
    A friend of mine takes photos of fine prints in book and sometimes uses them as background for his portraits. He has a book of tapestries and has used some of those, with pretty neat result. You can take a photo of anything really and do that. A tee shirt, a couch cover, a curtain, piece of old wood, door, floor, throw rug, wallpaper, anything can be an intersting background. I would try some things around the house first and experiment before spending any dough on these there.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Oh, right. Well, you could start by searching Deviantart... great site with lots of backgrounds and textures. Angelique Brunas has some nice stuff on her site, Brunas.nl, for download. You can also try flickr. Type in "backgrounds" or whatever.

Or... like Gary's saying, make your own!

Thanks Dray and Gary...good pointers thanks!

TBH my lazy side popīd out and was wondering to find something easy and avoid the DIY process
    Life does not work that way right :lol:

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Thanks Dray and Gary...good pointers thanks!

TBH my lazy side popīd out and was wondering to find something easy and avoid the DIY process
    Life does not work that way right :lol:
    Not for free it doesn't my friend!
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Ainīt that a shame!

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS

Thread Information