Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Unhappy chromakey backdrop

hello people, Im wonder is anyone have use these backdrop and succesfully remove the object out and into another background without any blue or green color around the object , cause I had used the blue one and was not satisfy. maybe I m doing something not right. please sent help...SOS

Re: chromakey backdrop

Not easy to do by hand. There is special software available just for chromakey photography that will get rid of the color cast. Keeping the subject far from the back ground helps, but I've found that some edges like fur will always have the color invasion. I've read some tutorials on how to remove it, but so far I'm not very good at it, so I won't try to repeat them. "Photoshop Masking&Compositing" by Katrin Eismann has a description of how to do it. If I ever feel the need for this technique, I think I'll just buy the software... Luckily, the I got the background dirt-cheap on Ebay so I didn't lose anything.
    Mike Stromberg
    All Creatures Photography
    http://www.allcreaturesphoto.com

Lure Coursing Fanatics
    http://www.lurecoursingfanatics.com

well, I got the PS4.O and I m using the magic selection brush tool to crop out the person or object . would be there another tool to do this that I don't know off. any suggestion will appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTcooper
    well, I got the PS4.O and I m using the magic selection brush tool to crop out the person or object . would be there another tool to do this that I don't know off. any suggestion will appreciated. thanks
    well, i recently got a green screen, magic selection nvr works well for me. and i've tried the trial ver. of a couple plug-ins, cinematte and zmatte works pretty good. well, they r expensive plug-ins tho..

The Photoman AYU

hellinvader, thank you I'll try those see if it work for me. appreciated

Thread Information