Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    NSSA/AIPS

Spring training ride?

Last weekend some of my more hardened friend put on a little adventure they call Suffertational. It's a 60 mile (or so based on weather) Iinvitation to suffer up 5000' of climbing around Park City Utah. Also it was an opportunity to break in a new moto driver. Cold, wet and, yep, snowy

Yes the ski area is open for business...

A little help from a friend

King Of the Mountain.. First of Three

Breaking Away
    It's not about the camera....

Re: Spring training ride?

I guess I need to be around or bike photos don't get comments

I think this is a nice batch of photos, Chris. I even see some familiar faces. Is that Alex and Ali in the third photo? Was it actually snowing during the ride? It kinda looks like it in that last photo, shot through the trees, but I can't quite tell. Was that photo shot from the moto on a switchback?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

NSSA/AIPS

Alex and Chris McKay. Yes, snowed on and off all day. Yep a switchback way up high in The Colony, I was dismounted though. Indeed, training a new moto driver, I have 4 now ready to do work.

I missed this one when you posted it. Looks kind of brutal! I don't mind mountain biking in rough weather as much as road biking. It's so hard to keep the extremities warm on the road!
    The photos look great! I'd love to have moto drivers at my disposal but I don't shoot all that much road action so I haven't been able to do moto shooting yet.
    I guess you are prepping for the big summer tours? We don't get a Pro Challenge stop here this summer which was a little disappointing.

NSSA/AIPS

I'm actually just training some guys to work local races. There isn't much travel in my schedule this summer. Yes it was a rough afternoon. Hard to stay warm on the back of a moto in the rain and snow. Tour of Utah is going point to point this year, trying to make the travel work out is going to be hard.

Thread Information