Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Some MMA

Some MMA

Had the chance to shoot another event recently. Here are a few good ones. It is sooooooo bright. But soooooooo dark. Like shooting in a black hole. Just sucks the light right into the blackness. All of these are ISO 5000 with my 300s. All of them got some NR and sharpening in LR3. This event pushed me towards getting a D3s. Can't wait for the next one. ISO 5000?? Why not just do 8000 and shoot f4?

Re: Some MMA

that's pretty good for the 300s!!! the only ones that i see any real degradation of quality from the NR is 2 and 5. it's either that or just that focus wasnt quite there.

nice facial expressions and action! i only wish for a little more canvas to the left on 6 and a tighter crop on 7 to really hone in on the action. nice job!!!

Re: Some MMA

Thanks for looking and the comments.

The softness is just noise, those shots were cropped a bit. The more I cropped, the more they crapped out. It really sucks but, that is the way it goes at high ISO.

On 6 I wish there was a bit more on the left too. That was so fast. And at that point I was holding my camera up above them not looking through it just shooting. Total luck.
    All of these with the exception of 6 were all shot with another element in mind, sponsors logos. Every one of them has a logo framed in the shot too. The sponsors are the ones with the $$ so it is important to get their logos in with the action at any event.

Thread Information