Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Basketball

Chris Anderson-Photography fidgety's Avatar

Basketball

Last home game of the season last night. Really looking forward to getting back outside and shooting in daylight. I'm hoping my camera will remember what it's like to shoot at ISO 200 2.8 and a shutter speed of 1000+.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Basketball-2web1.jpg   Basketball-3web1.jpg   Basketball-6web1.jpg  
    Chris Anderson
    Sportsshooter.com Member
    Southcreek Global Media
    MaxPreps

Re: Basketball

Nice action Chris! Was this done using the ABs or small flash? I'm guessing the Bees bounced off the ceiling judging from the light spill on the stands. Outdoor sports will be starting here in a few weeks as well. Although it can be nice having daylight, I have to say that I tend to be a BB shooter. Maybe the control freak in me just likes being able to control the light or it could be the predictability of where the action will happen. Either way I'll be out there like everyone else.
    Daniel - PixElite Photography

http://www.pixelitephotography.com
    http://www.actionphototips.com
    http://www.maxpreps.com
    I use Nikon Professional gear.

Chris Anderson-Photography fidgety's Avatar

Re: Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dhyravy
    Nice action Chris! Was this done using the ABs or small flash? I'm guessing the Bees bounced off the ceiling judging from the light spill on the stands. Outdoor sports will be starting here in a few weeks as well. Although it can be nice having daylight, I have to say that I tend to be a BB shooter. Maybe the control freak in me just likes being able to control the light or it could be the predictability of where the action will happen. Either way I'll be out there like everyone else.
    Thanks. Actually, I shot this usuing one Canon 550EX speedlite about 20 feet in the air and way up in the stands. I set it manual, 1/4 power and my camera at manual, f2.8 at 1/250 at ISO 800. Seems to work fairly well in this gym.
    I don't mind shooting basketball but after three months in gyms it does get a tad old so I do look forward to getting back outside.
    Chris Anderson
    Sportsshooter.com Member
    Southcreek Global Media
    MaxPreps

Post Re: Basketball

I really love these shots, the action, the facial expression and the clarity. They are real joy to look at. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Thread Information