Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

BigTime!! Zerodog Shoots Bellator MMA. If you don't like fighting, do not comment.

Last time I posted MMA on here I got blasted for the violence. I haven't posted anything in a long time because of it. If you don't like Mixed Martial arts look away. This was a cool experience and I thought I would share.

Bellator came to SLC and I was there to shoot it for MMAMadhouse, an online MMA news site. I was on Spike TV! Or at least my camera and arms were. It was a cool experience to be there. Fights were not bad. The production was impressive. In the end it was just another night of guys beating each other up and a good time was had all around. Sounds like they will be coming back to SLC again in the future too.

1. Armbar city

2 Almost awesome. I wish they were not diagonal to me along the fence. Makes it really show in the shot.

4. Amaya is getting rocked in this pic. To bad backs are facing me.

5. Not all bad though because it lined me up for nap time.

6. Better times for King Mo

7. Mo no mo. Out cold after Newton's spinning backfist. Damn stand in the way made miss the shot. It was so weird and happened so fast. Everyone around the ring looked pretty much like the ref.

8. Rad Martinez losing $100,000. Knocked out cold with this devastating right hand by Shamhalaev.
    I was really pulling for Rad. But it was not his night. Here is that damn stand again.

9. My friend Sean winning his fight. He eventually finished with a rear naked choke. It can be hard watching friends fight. It is good to see them win though!

10. Who doesn't like ring girls?

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: BigTime!! Zerodog Shoots Bellator MMA. If you don't like fighting, do not comme

I love the stuff you are doing! I wouldn't mind shooting an event like this with you.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Re: BigTime!! Zerodog Shoots Bellator MMA. If you don't like fighting, do not comme

Great stuff as usual, Rob. My favorites are numbers 2, 3 and 9. I always like the ones where I can see a face and feel the tension. No face and they usually don't do much for me. I need to see the focus and struggle to connect with the photo.

For those who don't know, you should share the technical details of shooting an event like this. I think fight sports are super demanding. This is one kind of shooting where your gear makes a huge difference. That goes for any indoor sports, really. But the MMA stuff can be so quick and you're so close that it's really pushing the limits of what even the best cameras now can handle.

Thanks for sharing!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

[QUOTE=zerodog;520015]BigTime!! Zerodog Shoots Bellator MMA. If you don't like fighting, do not comment.

Last time I posted MMA on here I got blasted for the violence. I haven't posted anything in a long time because of it. If you don't like Mixed Martial arts look away.

zerodog,

I can understand your interest in suppressing negative feedback, but I’m asserting my constitutional right of free speech by commenting. Time has not changed my low opinion of this so-called sport. Hopefully the participants in this “sport” won’t end up as zombies like Muhammad Ali.

On the positive side I like shot #10 although the tilted image would benefit from straightening.

Bob

Amateur

Some great images in there

Really like 3, 7 and 8
    mattyj
    Canon 650D - Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Sigma 50-500mm F/5-6.3
    http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith

Thread Information