Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony R1 memory cards?

-Have been checking out a Sony R1 for a second camera for wedding photos. Seems like a
    great camera for outdoor receptions with the EVF feature and a wide zoom lens.
    One question to any R1 users out there:

I know the Sony R1 can use both memory sticks and compact flash cards, but what I would like to know, is it possible to have both types of card in the camera at one time and
    alternate captures in both?

-Greybear

Re: Sony R1 memory cards?

I think so, with the F828 that also has both slots, there's a little selector switch on the back of the camera to select which card you want to write to.

Yup, just checked. It's got the same exact switch (at least in apperance) to my F828.

BM

Thanks for pointing that switch out, I think it would be handy to to have 2 storage choices for pre-editing certain shots, or just having extra capacity.

-Greybear

Quote Originally Posted by Greybear
    -Have been checking out a Sony R1 for a second camera for wedding photos. Seems like a
    great camera for outdoor receptions with the EVF feature and a wide zoom lens.
    One question to any R1 users out there:

I know the Sony R1 can use both memory sticks and compact flash cards, but what I would like to know, is it possible to have both types of card in the camera at one time and
    alternate captures in both?

-Greybear
    alternating how? as in, take one picture on the CF, then take the next one on the MS? or as in, take a raw+jpg picture, raw on the cf and jpg on the ms?

Yeah, you can only record an image to one card or the other. The switch on the back tells the camer where to record the image. I haven't seen anything to let you copy from one card to the other using the camera.

Thread Information