Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony Mult-Burst?

I have a SONY DSC-P93 which can take what they call a "multi-burst" picture. On the camera it plays like an animated GIF, but when downloaded, it is a single image of 16 frames in a grid.

Is there a way (software) to merge these into one "multi-exposure" (not sure what to call it) image with a single background? Also, is there a way (software) to combine these into an animated GIF file?

Re: Sony Mult-Burst?

Hello Zephan and welcome to this very good site,well as i can understand from ur post here that ur cam as almost all cams around can take a 16 consecutive pictures and put them on a single 1280x1024 (1MB) picture,it happens like that in fact and i dont know any method to convert them to an animated .gif or so,its made to be like that,hope this will help u.

P.S. i guess ur camera has a continuous drive wich can take 1.2 fps, up to 9 images in a row,so this might help u here.
    Bassam KHATTAR
    [Rules are made to be BROKEN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zephan
    I have a SONY DSC-P93 which can take what they call a "multi-burst" picture. On the camera it plays like an animated GIF, but when downloaded, it is a single image of 16 frames in a grid.

Is there a way (software) to merge these into one "multi-exposure" (not sure what to call it) image with a single background? Also, is there a way (software) to combine these into an animated GIF file?
    It is possible, you need to dice up the photo in photoshop and reassemble it as an animated GIF, or as a single image. The resolution won't be good, but if it's just going to be an avatar that won't matter much. You cannot get high resolution images out of a shot like that, because each frame is only a few hundred pixels in size.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

You can do it (easy and free) using the GIMP and a little script, take a look at:

http://mo-no-e.blogspot.com/2009/10/...otos-into.html

Hope this helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephan

Thread Information