Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony DSC-S90 - File Error

I have a Sony DSC-S90 which thus far have been serving me well. However, recently when viewing some of my pictures in playback mode I have been getting a file error message on some of my pictures. This is really strange to me since I viewed these same pictures a couple weeks ago & they were fine. How can I recover my pictures, what causes this & how can I prevent it from happening in the future?

Re: Sony DSC-S90 - File Error

Did you find a solution? The same thing happened to me and I am looking to recover some pictures.

What is the file error message, if any. While I might not have an answer, there are a lot of smart people on here. Maybe some more description will help to solve the problem.

Facing the same issue. No resolution yet.

Bought brand new Sony DSC W220 (Made in China, bought online). Popped-in a 1 GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo (which I had been using successfully on my Sony Ericsson W810i) mobile phone. Formatted the memory stick just to make sure I had a clean slate. Took some pictures. Noticed that the first photo had "file error". Downloaded that to my desktop PC. The file was incompletely written.

Re-formatted the stick, tried again. This time the first photo and one photo in between (the 3rd one) had this error.

Can't figure out where the problem is. I hope this is not a camera issue! Don't tell me I have to return this camera
    Last edited by paulponraj; 09-02-2009 at 08:43 AM.

try a new memory stick first.

@Anbesol: Thank you! Will try that.

By the way, I have been taking a few photos every day. So far I don't see "file error" for any of the new photos

I've also disabled the "auto review" option - auto review displays the latest photo, 2 secs after shooting it. In case the photo is not written completely to the memory stick within 2 secs, reading it may corrupt the photo. I don't have any technical proof that this is happening. Just to be safe, I've disabled this option.
    Last edited by paulponraj; 09-04-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Thread Information