Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony DSC H7 Problem "manual" Mode

I am a newbie to photography. I bought this Sony DSC H7 recently with the intention of using the manual mode and learning photography. I did a lot of experimentation with aperture / shutter / flash settings and am a bit wiser now.
    The problem I have now with this camera is that even in the manual mode I sometimes do not have complete control over the settings. Typical settings that are disabled are:
    1) Shutter speed does not go under 1/4 ( Not that I want to shoot under that speed, but hey the camera goes down to 30 secs, it doesnt do it now)
    2) ISO setting doesnt go over 400 ( again, not that I want to shoot with that high ISO, but I just want to know why the camera doesnt allow me to go higher)
    3) Flash cannot be switched on. I get the message "Flash settings are disabled at this time".
    And before you ask me, I have not abused the camera at all, its always in the box with the lens cap on, never dropped, bought it 4 months ago, almost like brand new. Just curious if anyone else has had these problems.Thx in advance,
    Speed

Re: Sony DSC H7 Problem "manual" Mode

when i bought my h5 for the first time there was a few sensors not working as well ,took it back and exchanged for a new one,its been working perfect ever since,there should be no reason why you can't manually adjust to what ever iso you want at anytime,my advice is you have a lemon camera,take it back and demand a replacement.

Re: Sony DSC H7 Problem "manual" Mode

I'm not sure if my H7 does that, I'll try to check and let you know.

Thread Information