Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Digital SLR

Hi all,

Just want you to know that I have my A100 at home and im putting it through its paces with the 75-300 telephoto lens. If you have any questions what so ever for now ill take emails and chat here, I will be posting a full review of the A-100 hopefully by this weekend. Right now, im just working on getting sample shots and getting used to it. Im shooting in the am before work, during lunch and after for now. My first impressions of it (my first ownership of a DSLR) are very very good. Funny I feel I own gold right now since so few actually have one. I had to call Sony myself to see if I could sweet talk them into shipping one now instead of late Aug. since I pre ordered mine on the first day it was available on Sony's site (fastest way to get one in my opinion).

More to follow...
    Carl

email me at: carlgarrard@dslextreme.com
    My 'new' signature:

Stay focused.
    www.photographic-central.blogspot.com

My old signature:

"Experience, is the reward worth living for"
    www.AlphaMountWorld.com

How is the chromatic abberation in the lens you are using?

The 75-300 lens has horrible CA issues at telephoto and managable at wider angles. It is my least favorite lens of my group (I have 5 now). I will probably be selling this lens very soon and getting a better telephoto for it.
    My 'new' signature:

Stay focused.
    www.photographic-central.blogspot.com

My old signature:

"Experience, is the reward worth living for"
    www.AlphaMountWorld.com

Are you planning to get any of the ziess lenses?

KMcQ

Hello all!
    Happy Birthday!, Merry Christmas!, Happy Valentines? for the next two years, to me!
    After twenty years since owning my last cherished Minolta SLR system w/3 lenses, and a bagfull of extras, (All were stolen by a once trusted person), I finally purchased a replacement. The Sony DSLR A100 w/18-70mm lens kit. I will be adding a tele lense here in the near future (if my wife of 25 years can forgive my extra gift giving).
    I don't have any excuses other than waiting for quality at an affordable price and finding that the DSLR revolution is in full swing it's time to take the PLUNGE!
    It's going to be intresting remembering the old tricks again and learning new ones with this new electronic piece of machinery. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    I read quite a lot about this system prior to purchasing and am hoping the reviews were honest and forthcoming. Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by KMcQ
    Hello all!
    Happy Birthday!, Merry Christmas!, Happy Valentines? for the next two years, to me!
    After twenty years since owning my last cherished Minolta SLR system w/3 lenses, and a bagfull of extras, (All were stolen by a once trusted person), I finally purchased a replacement. The Sony DSLR A100 w/18-70mm lens kit. I will be adding a tele lense here in the near future (if my wife of 25 years can forgive my extra gift giving).
    I don't have any excuses other than waiting for quality at an affordable price and finding that the DSLR revolution is in full swing it's time to take the PLUNGE!
    It's going to be intresting remembering the old tricks again and learning new ones with this new electronic piece of machinery. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    I read quite a lot about this system prior to purchasing and am hoping the reviews were honest and forthcoming. Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    I've been purchasing on Monilta lenses on Ebay and I must say, it's a lot cheaper to the new re-branded stuff. I think the 70-210 F4 is a very good lens, if you don't have one, get one cause they are going up in price. Takes really great pictures for the price. A100 is a great camera, have fun with it. Post some pictures on the gallery.

it is a great camera i LOVE the dual wheels one for the special settings and one for photo mode , it is soo much easier to change ISO or WB in a snap where others have to go through complex menu's

I really like my alpha 100 it is a great photocamera , offcourse no camera is perfect
    i really have to invest in better glass especially a better zoom than the 18-70 , thus in higher IQ .. options are welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information