Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony Alpha 200 slightly red repro

Hi, I have recently bought the above camera. Prior to this camera my Digital experience was a Nikon Coolpix 3200, which for what it was took good shots. Prior to that I was and am still a Nikon film fan. I am a point and shoot person, but having said that I am considered way above the normal idiot behind the camera i.e I always frame my shots to cut out the kid with the icecream who walks into view etc.
    My question relates to the Sony . I experimented with the AF and various White settings and found that the camera reproduces best at auto. However and I appreciate this is slightly picky , I noticed the repro was slightly Red,( I was shooting a basically blue background). Could someone point me in the right direction please.
    Cheers,
    Eddie.

Re: Sony Alpha 200 slightly red repro

Auto-white balance isn't the best, but if you are using raw, it doesn't matter - you can adjust the white balance in the raw data. The best thing to do is to set custom white balance, and meter a white piece of paper in the area. It will then set the kelvin number to the appropriate balance. Its easy once you know how to do it, just try it once and you'll figure it out really quickly.

Re: Sony Alpha 200 slightly red repro

Got it. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thread Information