Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

sony a200 to a550 ?

ive had my a200 for just over a year now and im pretty pleased with my progress and wish to upgrade.. i was looking at the a550, all i really want is a body with better noise control, id love to be able to go up to 800 or 1000 at times but on my a200 i cant really go above 400, its just a mess. so it looks like the a550 would be good ? the reviews dont look all that good but im not a pro just a mom with a camera and really i jsut want a step up from my a200 if its not going to be that much better then i wont do it.

Re: sony a200 to a550 ?

I say if you can, go for it. I have an a500 and the noise control is great ,all the way to iso 3200. Body feel is also better than the a200 and you will enjoy a much faster auto focus. I wouldn't pay to much attention to the reviews, be aware that there are a lot of people who still see Sony as not a serious enough camera company. With the a700, and a900, I still dont know why they still think like that.

This was shot at iso 3200. Some noise but I am very happy with this camera.

-
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Higher ISO is a huge difference between the two.

thanks guys, i appreciate the responses.

lightbright i cant believe thats 3200, thats better than what mine looks like at 800! ( i primarily use the sony 50mm 1.8 by the way not the kit lens)

Talking Re: sony a200 to a550 ?

I have to agree, sounds like a solid move for improvement, which won't break the bank. :thumbsup:
    Don Schap
    If you can't afford the heavy-duty gear ... have no fear, they used to do this with a piece of charcoal and a dark tent
    There's no money in this ... it's just "love of the game."
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.

Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography. Refrain from "INTRO" lenses.
    My Gear List
    flickr®

Thread Information