Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Something is wrong with my digital camera

I just bought a Sony cyber shot DSC-P72. Well it takes photos just fine, but when watching mpeg movies on my computer, the color is all wrong. It records well and viewing the movies on the camera is all well. But on the computer, it's purple, green is red, my green over head canopy is red? What is that? Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? My other digital camera is normal, as far as video color. Please someone help me.

Re: Something is wrong with my digital camera

thats odd, sounds like a software decoding problem to me... what are you using to view it? do you have the proper drivers for it?

Re: Something is wrong with my digital camera

Yeah, I would look into trying to view the file with another program to see if you get the same results. I also suggest viewing the file on another computer to see if you get the same result. From what you've said, I don't think you've done enough investigating to know it's your camera. There's a high probability it is the camera, but try some additional troubleshooting to identify the source before looking to fix the problem.

Thread Information