Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: printing photos

printing photos

hi everyone

I love my new and am having a great time learning to use it.
    i do have a question about printing i am using a hp potosmart and at time the top of the photo is cut off. i would blame this on the printer which is a few years old , however, the same thing happened when i had the photos printed commercially. has anyone had this problem?

also , can anyone recommend a printer i want to get a new one.

thanks

tommy

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: printing photos

You are probably printing in sizes that are not proportionate to the size of the imaging sensor which usually results in the image being cropped when printed.

thanks for the info canuck, but , can you explain a little more. i just ask the computer to print in 4x6 what else do i have to do and like i said i've had the same problem when i send the photos to an online printing service .

tommy

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roundinthird
    thanks for the info canuck, but , can you explain a little more. i just ask the computer to print in 4x6 what else do i have to do and like i said i've had the same problem when i send the photos to an online printing service .

tommy
    Hmm you didn't mention what camera you were using in the origional post but I looked at your profile and it said the a100. You should not see cropping with 4x6 photo's as 4x6's are the same 3:2 (L:H) ratio as the a100's CCD. How much cropping are you experiencing? I used to run a Fuji Frontier system and I will tell you that it does very slightly crop the image as it makes the image ever so slightly larger than the piece of paper to ensure the paper is exposed edge to edge.

Thread Information