Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

picked up a maxxum 5 body.

today I picked up a maxxum 5 film body, havent really done a lot of research on the maxxum bodies but i heard from a few people that was a really good one. naturally the maxxum 7 wouldve been ideal, but im on vacation and spending enough money as it is ;). i think my only real question about it is its metering, does it tend to over or underexpose at all? should i set any exposure compensation on it generally? how about in low or high key shots? my 5d does tend to overexpose and im usually compensating -0.3 to -0.6 and in some high key shots -1.

first impression was that it had a great feel to it, and even though its very light it does surprisingly very well with heavier telephoto lenses.

Re: picked up a maxxum 5 body.

oh yeah - one other thing - it actually works with my 18-70 digital kit lens!!! not only works, but it works beautifully, the autofocus is just as fast as teh rest (maybe faster), and at 18-19 theres only a TINY bit of vignetting, goes away at 20... VERY cool!

My Maxxum 70 is generally spot on exposure wise, if I does anything it tends to underexpose maybe a 1/3 stop, but that is rare.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

awesome!

Went through a roll and a half today (and a 2 gig card :P) and i must say im really pleased with the maxxum 5, great feel, great navigation, very responsive and functional, im like a kid who just got a new puppy with this thing ;)... been a while since ive done film and excited to give it another go!

Thread Information