Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Outrageous prices (KM)

Anyone else notice that all of a sudden, prices on used KM items are at least 4 times what they were in December. This is especially so with lenses. Camera stores are having a hard time keeping bodies in stock, they sell out too fast, not because of lack of supply. One would think the prices would drop drastically, but instead, the withdrawal of KM has caused a feeding frenzy of sorts.

For example, a 70-210 f/4 was usually under $100 when i got mine. Recently they have been selling for $400+, and are becoming a rare sight.

Perhaps some people out there have some inside knowledge.

Anyway, I noticed we recently have new KM users, so I posted this to give them a head up. It may actually be better to wait on lens purchases until after April 1st. Which is when Sony takes over officially. If you "need" additional lenses now, I would only buy from dealers, and avoid the ebay madness.

B&H has the 50 f/1.7 for around $100, it's on ebay recently for as much as $260.

Re: Outrageous prices (KM)

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    Anyone else notice that all of a sudden, prices on used KM items are at least 4 times what they were in December. This is especially so with lenses. Camera stores are having a hard time keeping bodies in stock, they sell out too fast, not because of lack of supply. One would think the prices would drop drastically, but instead, the withdrawal of KM has caused a feeding frenzy of sorts.

For example, a 70-210 f/4 was usually under $100 when i got mine. Recently they have been selling for $400+, and are becoming a rare sight.

Perhaps some people out there have some inside knowledge.

Anyway, I noticed we recently have new KM users, so I posted this to give them a head up. It may actually be better to wait on lens purchases until after April 1st. Which is when Sony takes over officially. If you "need" additional lenses now, I would only buy from dealers, and avoid the ebay madness.

B&H has the 50 f/1.7 for around $100, it's on ebay recently for as much as $260.
    seriously? i picked up that 50 1.7 for $60 a couple months ago, and was looking into getting that 70-210 for $100 earlier today. guess i better pick it up. I have noticed that some of the new lens are going for quite a bit over MSRP, which is silly.......

Thread Information