Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: New Guy Here

New Guy Here

Hey guys/gals, new guy here. I have a Sony DSC-F717. But I'm about to get the A100.
    But before I jump the gun I have been reading up on them, plus I wanted to wait for the second batch. But after seeing the pics Photo-John has taken :thumbsup: , I don't know if I can wait! lol

Here are a few that I've taken with my F717 (BTW - Sorry, I'm a gearhead, not much scenery or flowers from me) :

My Camaro:

My Trans Am:

I do Photoshop alot, this is my favorite one I have done of my cars:

Not much chop to this, really just merged two pics together.

Working on my buddies car:

...a little bit of scenery:

...a little chop on this one, not much. Brightness and contrast adjusted:

Hope you guys/gals like!

Peace,
    Craig.

Re: New Guy Here

I'm really diggin that vette shot. Good to see you around, and hope to see what you and the Alpha are capable of.
    Last edited by payn817; 08-08-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Re: New Guy Here

NIce to have you here Cragen and I'm lovin the Camero...Always was one of my favs.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Welcome, Gearhead!

I like cars, too. So you're welcome to post car photos - especially if they're like these. You obviously put some thought, time, and work into these. And they're very nice. I like the last one the most. It's juicy!

I think you're going to be very happy stepping up from the F717 to the A100. The Sony F-series cameras are very, very good - for compact digitals. I did a pro review on the Sony DSC-828 a couple of years ago and I was very impressed. But two of the main things that I didn't like - noise and shutter-lag - are not going to be a problem at all with the Alpha. It's a real, solid digital SLR with all of the accompanying benefits.

Were you waiting for them to fix problems that invariably show up in the first run of a new product? This camera has been in the works for a long time. I haven't noticed anything that I consider a design or manufacturing flaw. Plus, if there was something like that, it shouldn't be a big deal to get it replaced. I think you should just go ahead and get one.

I got started writing a pro review yesterday. I'm hoping to have it complete and posted by sometimes next week. I've only had the camera for a little over a week and I've already made over 700 exposures. So I've got a pretty good feel for it. If you have any requests for photos or feature tests, let me know.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information