Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Minolta x370s film problems.

Hi,

Ok so, I have just begun taking photos for an assignment at school. I have already gone through two films and in both, I have encountered the same problem. I'm not sure if it's the camera or if it is just me, but after the film was developed, most of it didn't turn out and instead I got pure black blocks where my pictures should appear on the negatives. On my first film, only 4 turned out, out of the 22 pictures I had taken. And on my second film, which I developed earlier today, only 13 came out correctly out of the same number of pictures. My teacher said that it was because they were exposed to light and wondered if I had opened up the back of my camera at all, which I honestly did not.

I am now going into my third film, when I am only required to take 2 successful rolls of film for the assignment. I don't want to take 22 good shots and then later have only 3 or 4 actually turn out, so I need help before I continue. Also it is absolutely important that I have 2 contact sheets, so I really need to fix this problem now before I waste more film.

Thanks in advance

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Minolta x370s film problems.

If they are pure black blocks, but the sprocket holes at the edges are still clear and you can read the numbers of the frames, then it's over-exposure.

If the black is all the way from edge to edge of the film, then yes the back of the camera has let light in.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Minolta x370s film problems.

Yes the black runs from edge to edge of the film. Darnit, I honestly did not open the back at all, I'm not sure what's going on. Perhaps I just need a new camera.

Thanks though.

Thread Information