Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Minolta SRT 303 lens compatability

Are Minolta SRT 303 lens compatable with any of today's digital cameras?

Thumbs down Re: Minolta SRT 303 lens compatability

Unless it is some really fantastic collection ... it is more trouble than it is worth to try and make use of them.

Start over and you will be a lot happier. Some old stuff just doesn't get it done ... and put your father's camera back in the closet. What are you doing in there, anyway? :mad2:
    Don Schap
    If you can't afford the heavy-duty gear ... have no fear, they used to do this with a piece of charcoal and a dark tent
    There's no money in this ... it's just "love of the game."
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.

Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography. Refrain from "INTRO" lenses.
    My Gear List
    flickr®

Re: Minolta SRT 303 lens compatability

lol, fathers closet.

They may be worth it if its really good glass, what lens are they? The thing is you have to get manual lens adapters and you have to be fluent enough to adjust the aperture accordingly on your lens and congruently to your metering input, then manually meter exposures that aren't wide open f-stops. Further - the lens is pulled a bit away from the sensor plane and then either has to go through (depending on which adapter) more glass, which degrades the quality, or no glass - which kills infinite focus distance.

Chances are good its junky cheap glass with fungus and sharp edge 5 bladed diaphragms, if thats the case its an awful lot of trouble to go for for obsolete and sub-par glass. However, there was very good manual focus lens built back then as well, if its something like an 35mm f/1.8 or a macro lens or something, it may be a worthy investment.

Re: Minolta SRT 303 lens compatability

The macro type of adapter is pretty much ok to use with the MD and MD mount lenses. I use one to adapt my old extension tubes and bellows with the couple of lenses I have left.

I have used the lens type adapter, but the results are not exactly wonderful. They are inexpensive if you want to try it out, just look on EBAY. Search for MD to MA adapter.

Thread Information