Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

metz 36 v onboard flash

hi!

im currently using a lightscoop which uses the onboard flash to bounce flash from the ceiling or the wall but it has its limitations, im looking for something more powerful so that i can close down my aperture to 5.6 sometimes and hopefully not have to use iso 800.

would the metz 36 AF4 be good ? i basically want to be able to go down to 5.6 if necessary and the ceilings are about 12 foot.. my lightscoop cant cope with this and ive got it set to +2 flash compensation. i looked online and the GN for the onboard flash is 12 and the metz 36 is GN 36 so is correct to assum that its 3 times as powerful? or did i just totally display how much i dont know ? e

Re: metz 36 v onboard flash

Do you already have a Metz 36?

I would look into the Minolta and Sony brand lights so you could get something compatible with alphas wireless commander. Minolta 3600 HSD, 5600 HSD, and the F42/36/56/58AM by Sony.

*edit - just looked up the metz 36, and at ~$120, the only Minolta one comparably priced is the 3600HSD.

Re: metz 36 v onboard flash

thanks anbesol but i cant afford the sony flashes at this stage. the price of the metz just cant be beat and i was hoping i could get similar results as the lightscoop just with more power so i had a bit more freedom with settings.

Thread Information