Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: manual mode

manual mode

i trying to use the maual focus mode ,however, can anyone tell me if there is a equivalent of the light meter which showed in the viewfinder of my old film slr. i depended on that to let me know if i had the correct exposure. what am i missing?

tommy

Re: manual mode

On sony cameras, the EV display becomes the light meter when in manual mode. It will display a metering in measures of exposure value, from -2EV to +2EV. To get a standard exposure, adjust the aperture value and shutter speed until it reads 0.

Erik.

THANK YOU:

Histogram

Quote Originally Posted by Sushigaijin
    On sony cameras, the EV display becomes the light meter when in manual mode. It will display a metering in measures of exposure value, from -2EV to +2EV. To get a standard exposure, adjust the aperture value and shutter speed until it reads 0.
    While all digital SLRs have some sort of light meter/EV display, you should learn to use the histogram. Your camera's histogram is the best tool for exposure. It's one of the hidden benefits of using a digital SLR. The histogram tells you a lot more about your exposure than the light meter ever could. Use the light meter to set up your shot and if you have time, shoot a test and check the histogram. Use that information to fine-tune your exposure for a better, second photo. I always shoot tests and check the histogram before I make my final shot.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

sometimes you just should check a sony digital camera instruction manual, that helps.

Thread Information