Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Lens Compatibility

I am purchasing a new camera. I have an old Minolta 7000i with several high quality lenses. I am told that these lenses are compatible with any Sony camera. I want a good quality digital but don't want to purchases all new lenses. Can someone confirm that the old Minolta Maxxim 7000i lenses will work with any Sony digital? Also - is there a better option for a digital camera that would be compatible with these lenses?

Thank you.

Re: Lens Compatibility

Yes, all Minolta AF mount lens are compatible with Sony DSLRs.

Re: Lens Compatibility

Yep, all your Minolta AF lenses should work fine. Some are better than other in quality, so your results will vary...

The last part of your question: "is there a better option for a digital camera that would be compatible with these lenses? " are you refering to other manufacturers, or just different models within the Minolta (no longer made) and Sony DSLR lines?

No other manufacturers use the Minolta (A-Mount) format for lenses. I'm not aware of any adapters available to allow the AF lenses to work with other cameras either, but they may be out there, just forcing you to use the lens in a full manual mode...

What old lenses do you have for the 7000i that you want to reuse? Many newer lenses are significantly better than some of the early AF lenses, others are not....You decision to stick with Minolta/Sony may depend on the quality of lenses you own.

Thread Information