Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Issues with Sony Cybershot DSC-T77

Issues with Sony Cybershot DSC-T77

I just purchased a new DSC-T77, and I am a little disappointed with the battery life. It says a fully battery can take 200 pictures, but I don't think I even took 100 before the battery gave out. I know flash, and zoom take up more juice, but I only took 1, or 2 shots with flash, and zoomed in very little. My question is WHAT ELSE might be causing a huge power drain on this camera? The sliding cover? Scene recognition? Touchpad LCD display? Bottom line, I need to conserve power

A second problem I have is with the EV memory of the camera. It doesn't remember my EV settings, I like a -0.7EV setting, because i like slightly darker shots, but each time I change the shooting mode, from automatic to another, it resets my EV settings to zero, which is really annoying, because I have to go into MENU, under EV, and reset the setting back to -0.7, EVERY TIME. The only way it remembers if If I leave it in Program mode, but then the scene recognition+ doesn't work anymore.

These two problems are making it really hard for me to like this camera. If you have this camera, and have worked around these annoyances, please let me know how you do it, Thanks.

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Issues with Sony Cybershot DSC-T77

Don't have this camera, but I do have some input.

1) Batteries. A new battery usually needs several charge cycles before it operates at optimal capacity.

2) EV adjustment. Most camera's will only save EV adjustment values in P (program), A (aperture priority), S (shutter priority), and M (manual). I think program auto is the only one that the T77 has, and thus that will be the only mode it will save EV values. In any of the other scene or auto modes it will always reset because it keeps people from getting themselves into trouble.

Thread Information