Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...

Minolta glass is just spectacular. I was cleaning my room but somehow that has segwayed into cleaning my old film cameras and lenses. The MC Rokkor-PF on the SRT-101 and the old 50mm 1.7 af I got with my first SLR (used Maxxum 7000) are just beautiful lenses.

Liz

Re: Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    Minolta glass is just spectacular. I was cleaning my room but somehow that has segwayed into cleaning my old film cameras and lenses. The MC Rokkor-PF on the SRT-101 and the old 50mm 1.7 af I got with my first SLR (used Maxxum 7000) are just beautiful lenses.
    I can relate.........after years of using just Canon, I recently purchased a p&s to complement my XTi (lighter weight when I need it). However, it is a Panasonic - the LX3. At once it became my favorite p&s of all time! Actually I wish Canon would come out with a 4/3 camera with "L" quality lenses - I need the lighter weight, but love those "L" lenses.

Do you have any photos you can upload from the Minolta?

Liz

These were all scanned with my old scanner, so not the best quality, but these were mainly taken with my Maxxum 7000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-cadescovecabin2.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-dryfallssmall.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-phlox2.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-juneywank.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-allie4.jpg  

My barn shots... my poor Maxxum got run through the mill at the barn... It's a hell of a workhorse (pun actually was not intended).

Trying to find a few from the SRT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-quinn5ghb.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-quinn1.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-jayeye1.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-dune5.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-ladyandbaby1.jpg  

I'm about 90% sure these were taken with the SRT-101
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-clyde3.jpg   Hopefully I won't be banished from Clan O'Canon... but...-flowbell.jpg  

drg

Horses are one subject I still like to shoot on film. Even though I can use my 'best' glass on digital (and FF) there is still something about horsin' around with film for a few subjects.

Cute kid, do you know her?
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

"Minolta glass is just spectacular."

As a Sony body/Minolta lens user, I would say it still is. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

No disagreements, TF. Maybe down the road when I can afford some high end Canon lenses I'll change my mind, but for now I'm dead set in the belief that Minolta lenses are just better quality glass and better lenses.

DRG-- It's a he, actually. My trainer's son in his first lead line class. He was three in the photos, about 8 or 9 now.

I worked as the full service groom for our barn on Sundays, did all the turnouts and when I wasn't busy in the barn I was always out in the paddocks with my camera.

Thread Information