Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Thread: Help a Noob

Question Help a Noob

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum so please be kind if I don't quite have all the technical jargon down.
    My wife and I purchased a Konic Minolta Dimage Z5 just before Christmas and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We just recently decided that we would like to get some more lenses for the camera so we purchased a 2x telephoto lens and a .45 Wide Angle lens with adapter and filters for the camera. They are nice and all but we were disappointed to see that most if not all the pictures we take with those lenses on come out very blurred/distored around the edges. Is this normal or did we simply not get the right kind of lenses or what?:?:
    Any light you can shed on the subject is incredably appreciated! Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Re: Help a Noob

I'm not sure, but I could see the wide angle posing a problem. It be from barrel distortion, but again I'm not sure. Also, by adding something to the end of the lens it could be picking up the faint outline of the filter sticking out from the lens. I know this happens when you stack a uv filter and polarizer on top of one another on a DSLR. Are the filters made by Konica Minolta or are they third party? If the pictures come out fine without the filters then we have narrowed down the problem, I think they are just sticking out to far and the lens is seeing the outline.

Hope this helps

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Re: Help a Noob

Does it happen with both lenses? I have tried the tele add-ons with compacts, and find they degrade quality quite a bit. If it is happening with the wide angle, it could be exactly what Z mentioned. If it is happening with the tele, try zooming all the way out while using it. Regardless, adding more glass in front of any lens can lower quality.

Thread Information