Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Help with my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3

I recenty purchased this camera with one of the intentions for my wife to take pics while riding on our motorcycle. She is getting a little blur at times. What settings should be made to help eliminate this? She is basically shooting at a '1 or 2 o'clock' angle.

Thanks for any help rendered.
    Dean

Re: Help with my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3

You have to experiment, but I have an H1 and I find this best for moving in a car.
    Set the ISO to 200, Be sure the antishake function is on, set the AF in the menu box to Single. If you set it to monitor or continuous it will always keep tring to focus and delay your shot. set the dial to S thats shutter pryority. Set the shutter speed to about 500. Let the camera pick the apetiture.
    Aim the camera it her subject well in advance of the shot and press the shutter button half way down until the green in focus light stops blinking. Then press all the way down to capture the shot. This takes a little practise but it's easier than it sounds. It's all about timing. Since she is more than likly hanging on with one hand it might be a good idea to use the viewfinder with the camera pressed againest her cheek to help steady it. Let me know how this works for you.

Re: Help with my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3

Put it in shutter priority mode and keep the shutter at 1/250 or faster...

Thread Information