Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Finally I have a 35mm !!!!!

Sony doesn't have a whole lot of selection for full frame in the 35mm focal length. There are really only a couple of options. The new Sigma or the Sony 35mm 1.4.
    I chose the Sony version, used, so it runs about the same cost as the new Sigma will plus it will work on the new AF-D. Sony's new dual AF system on the a99.
    So far I am very pleased and also wrote a short review.
    Sony SAL-35F14G - 35mm f/1.4 G-Series Wide-Angle Reviews

a99+35mm by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

ELS

Re: Finally I have a 35mm !!!!!

SWEET!

Nice looking rig,....

Very cool, Greg. And thanks for the review! Looks like that user review page needs a little updating. I'll get some new photos and dealer links in there today.

By the way, I continue to recommend Sony to people. On Monday I recommended the A99 to a professional video guy who'd never even considered them. He says they shoot with Canon EOS 5D Mark IIIs and he didn't even know that Sony had a comparable full-frame camera. He was also really interested when I told him it had a tilting LCD display. I'm constantly surprised by how many serious and pro photographers *don't* know how serious Sony is about their DSLRs.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

John I think the Sony users are growing and pros are giving the a99 a serious look. the old saying if you build a better mouse trap I think is true. I think serious pros use what get's the job done and makes them the most money the fastest.
    I have had the RX-1 a couple of days and the image quality if really really good. As good as the D800 easily. My only issue is low light focusing. It is flaky and can be ok one minute and bad the next. Macro is very difficult. I will probably wind up with the EVF sooner or later.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The Sony 35mm f/1.4 user review page is all updated with a better photo and a bunch of merchant links. If you use our reviews to make buying decisions, please also use our merchant links when you shop. Those links help pay the bills

Read & Write Sony 35mm f/1.4 Lens Reviews >>

Thanks again for your review, Greg - all your reviews, actually. You're great about writing users reviews when you get new cameras and lenses and I really appreciate it.
    Photo-John

Your welcome John living where I do I rely on them. I have no where to go and see any gear first hand.

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Your welcome John living where I do I rely on them. I have no where to go and see any gear first hand.
    Thank, God! ;-)
    Photo-John

Thread Information