Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Cybershot DSC N1-Mem.StickDuo Question

Hi;
    this is my first time to ask a question here.Hope I can be clear. Just got a new N1 and am new to using internal hard drive on a camera and Memory Stick Pro Duo. I can resize my original photograph directly on the camera to email size(VGA). My question is; If I resize it does that in actuality mean that I really have 2 photos to add to the total amt. that my memory stick duo can hold? So let's say I can take 1000 pictures. So if each one is resized does that make it is 2000?Or does it go into the internal memory?. I believe the camera only saves a few shots in the internal memory. I am sorry but I am truly a novice and am anxious to learn before our vacation in a few weeks.
    Thanks for your responses. Gloria

Re: Cybershot DSC N1-Mem.StickDuo Question

Did you know you can just take the photos in VGA size? I personally never tried resizing them in the camera I do it with PSP. I have a 2GB chip and with using just the VGA setting I can get over 30,000 photos on the chip. I have mine set to 1MP most of the time and get just over 3,000 pics on the chip. I have never taken that many photos in a day so I wouldn't worry about filling up you memory if it's set on VGA even when it does double.

Oh and back to your question ... lol ... you do have two photos when you resize inside the camera.

Re: Cybershot DSC N1-Mem.StickDuo Question

Thanks for the reply. I am slowly figuring things out with this camera. We just returned from Europe and I have about 4 memory stks.full and I cannot image my printing bill.
    I am very pleased with this camera and really like the touch window feature. I remain confused about when the settings should be changed such as VGA or what? I understand VGA but if it is set on that always won't it affect the quality of a printed photograph? I will keep experimenting.

Thread Information