Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Christmas lights?

I was out walking my dog ... when he just stopped and seemed to be watching the lights wink and dance to the music show they are coordinated to ... and here is a condensed time-lapse shot of what he saw ... in color!

Christmas lights?-dogs-eye-view-96-percent.jpg

Is your dog encountering visions of sugar plums dancing in his head?
    Don Schap
    If you can't afford the heavy-duty gear ... have no fear, they used to do this with a piece of charcoal and a dark tent
    There's no money in this ... it's just "love of the game."
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.

Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography. Refrain from "INTRO" lenses.
    My Gear List
    flickr®

Re: Christmas lights?

Nice shot Don... I like your dog's perspective on the scene... Hope you had something dry to put the camera on.. ;)

Anyway, nothing like good technique to avoid any noise in low light... ;) Nothing beats a stable platform and low ISO long exposures...

- G

Re: Christmas lights?

That image was handheld ... in one very awkward position. Skill is learned event.

Anyway, here is another view (admittedly, a more traditional shot) ... from the corner across the street.

We had fun putting these up, this year.
    Don Schap
    If you can't afford the heavy-duty gear ... have no fear, they used to do this with a piece of charcoal and a dark tent
    There's no money in this ... it's just "love of the game."
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.

Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography. Refrain from "INTRO" lenses.
    My Gear List
    flickr®

Thread Information