Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Question Where did the pics in my blog go??

I just looked at my entire blog and noticed that the pictures I uploaded into the blog itself and not the ones I have linked into it, are gone.
    What's up with that?
    That's a lot of the photographs from my blog.

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Re: Where did the pics in my blog go??

Brian-
    I just checked your blog on two computers, with two different browsers. I can see all of your photos. So I am guessing you've got some kind of computer setting problem. Or, there may have been a momentary glitch. I suggest going back to your blog and forcing a refresh. If you don't know how to do that, type Ctrl+F4 or Ctrl and click the refresh button on your browser. That should refresh the bad page, if it's been chached on your computer. If that doesn't work, try restarting. If that doesn't work, I'd look into browser settings and firewall settings.

Keep me posted.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

John,
    THanks for looking, but there are still no pictures in some of my blog enteries.
    For example, there should be a picture of me and David Burnett, on my entry dated Sunday, February 4, 2007, as well as, Sunday, March 11, 2007, and Tuesday, March 27, 2007 inwhich there is one that I have linked a photograph to, but there should be a picture of the same person writing on the photograph.
    The other entries where I have uploaded a picture to, but isn't showing are, Saturday, March 31, 2007, Monday, July 2, 2007(two or three pictures there), Thursday, October 11, 2007, Friday, September 28, 2007 and Tuesday, July 17, 2007(There were two pictures there)

I am at home they aren't appearing here either.
    Brian
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Ghost in the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I am at home they aren't appearing here either...
    Brian, I checked out a few of your entires that should have pics, and I don't see any for any of them on my browser.

I looked at the source code for one of your entries and compared it with one of mine that has a photo showing. While I'm no HTML expert, it appears my page lists an "attachment" tag where the photo is on my entry.

I see no such code on yours.

To be honest, I'm not sure what that means, if it's a software glitch or not.

Do you have the photos placed in your gallery when you put them on a blog entry? If so, are they still there?

Hope this helps to solve the mystery...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    John,
    THanks for looking, but there are still no pictures in some of my blog enteries.
    For example, there should be a picture of me and David Burnett, on my entry dated Sunday, February 4, 2007, as well as, Sunday, March 11, 2007, and Tuesday, March 27, 2007 inwhich there is one that I have linked a photograph to, but there should be a picture of the same person writing on the photograph.
    The other entries where I have uploaded a picture to, but isn't showing are, Saturday, March 31, 2007, Monday, July 2, 2007(two or three pictures there), Thursday, October 11, 2007, Friday, September 28, 2007 and Tuesday, July 17, 2007(There were two pictures there)

I am at home they aren't appearing here either.
    Brian
    Ok, I don't think I had enough information. I went looking for broken image links and couldn't find any. You're saying that this post is supposed to have photos: http://forums.photographyreview.com/...y&e=115&enum=1

I checked the source, like Steve did, and there's no photo code at all. And you're saying you used the upload tool in the blog to add photos? Which means they should have been at the end of the post, right?

Thanks-
    Photo-John

Re: Ghost in the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve

Do you have the photos placed in your gallery when you put them on a blog entry? If so, are they still there?

Hope this helps to solve the mystery...

Steve,
    In the most recent entries, I have uploaded the pictures into my gallery first, then link them into my blog via html, using the [IMG] tag.
    In all other entries, I have uploaded the picture to the particular blog entry, when I do that I don't upload it into my gallery.
    Mystery still unsolved..

John, did you or anyone else do some cleaning up recently?
    Brian
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Ok, I don't think I had enough information. I went looking for broken image links and couldn't find any. You're saying that this post is supposed to have photos: http://forums.photographyreview.com/...y&e=115&enum=1

I checked the source, like Steve did, and there's no photo code at all. And you're saying you used the upload tool in the blog to add photos? Which means they should have been at the end of the post, right?

Thanks-
    That's correct!
    The particular entry is a good example of that too, there should be one picture of me and David Burnett.
    Usually, if am just adding one or two pics to the entry, I'll do it that way.
    Unlike the recent ones from the exhibit, where I had numerous pictures and added them throughout the entry.
    Brian
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

Ok, I just made a new blog post and used the upload to include 5 photos. It worked fine. I'm narrowing down the problem before I report it. Since I don't see any upload/attachment code in your posts, my best guess is you'll have to replace those photos by hand. If there's no code, there's no way to restore them. But I will report the problem to the developers and see if they know what happened and have a fix.

Sorry about that, Brian.
    Photo-John

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Ok, I just made a new blog post and used the upload to include 5 photos. It worked fine. I'm narrowing down the problem before I report it. Since I don't see any upload/attachment code in your posts, my best guess is you'll have to replace those photos by hand. If there's no code, there's no way to restore them. But I will report the problem to the developers and see if they know what happened and have a fix.

Sorry about that, Brian.
    OK?
    So what happened?
    Can we even find out?
    You do recall them being there, right, I know you commented on the one with the pic of me and David Burnett for example.
    I am just trying to understand what happened.
    Nice grouping of pictures in your entry, that second one would make a great looking print! :biggrin5:
    Thanks John!
    Brian
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...

Thread Information