What Changed in the Photo Gallery?

Recently I have noticed my picture view count is thru the roof. Photos that have only been uploaded for a matter of hours have view counts of 100-200 views.
    I know I don't have that many fans. Something has changed. I've looked at other members recent photos and their counts are up as well.

This is not an issue or complaint from me. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and does anyone know why?
    Last edited by Singletracklovr; 04-10-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

Re: What Changed in the Photo Gallery?

Bob-
    I just made a few checks on the gallery and I'm not seeing anything that looks out of the oridinary. Are your numbers still high? It's possible there was a database glitch of some sort that artificially inflated the numbers. But the gallery traffic doesn't look any different and spot-checking photos I didn't think the view counts looked extra high.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Could it be that they used to come up sorted by most recent, which would have a lower View number, and now they are coming up sorted by filename? - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Single track, have you had one of your images selected as a photo of the week or a sticker ?

I noticed the views some of my photos went 10x after one of my photos was posted as a photo of the week.

accept it , it means you are getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Bob-
    I just made a few checks on the gallery and I'm not seeing anything that looks out of the oridinary. Are your numbers still high? It's possible there was a database glitch of some sort that artificially inflated the numbers. But the gallery traffic doesn't look any different and spot-checking photos I didn't think the view counts looked extra high.
    Hi John, Thanks for looking into this. Again it's not an issue or complaint just an observation.

Hi OC, No change in my sorts. I am talking about view counts on images I just uploaded.
    A typical view count for one of my pictures is 0-40 In just the last two weeks I have had 100-200 views on pictures that had only been uploaded for 24 hours.

Hi Armando, No feature photos for me... The photos I uploaded over the last two weeks are only listed in "My Photo Gallery" and are not attached to the other gallery's like Nature, or Animals.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

I had a couple of recent pictures do the same thing. Really high number of views.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information