Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Weird laptop issue

From the XP laptop I can't access the forums.
    But from my iPhone on the same wireless LAN I can post this.
    The win 7 laptop works, as does the XP desktop downstairs and the win 7 notebook.
    It's only the Sony vaio that isn't working.

It's not a firefox issue, it also times out with IE so we can't blame Firefox 6.

I have flushed the DNS cache, rebooted, loaded latest windows updates (that might have been a mistake) and updated the antivirus.

Baffled, any ideas folks?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Weird laptop issue

Have you tried running malwarebytes? Seems like this happened to me once and I had picked up some maleware.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

This happened to me twice, compare to Mac, Win easily picked up malware since that time I've been using BITDEFENDER but still I'm not sure how to secure your OS from some highly ranked sites and apps as I've been reading this article https://anonymania.com/apps-that-harm-privacy/ and there are a few apps that might invade our privacy what's your opinion on it?
    Crypto Enthusiast

Speaking of antiviruses, I just got rid of one on my PC and the performance increased significantly. Is it a common thing? I was really surprised with this situation.

Guys, need some help from someone who knows a lot about computer gear. So, I am about to get a set of speakers for gaming purpose, I even found this guide that helped me to figure out the most suitable model but now I am in doubt because I also decided to consider buying a gaming headset as an option. What's better in your opinion?

That's really weird problem. Maybe you need to reinstall your OS?

I am very unlucky and I very often had a variety of problems with the PC and laptop. Therefore, I often look for solutions to problems on the Internet. That's how I found this post. My laptop is a macbook and it is more difficult and less convenient to work with. I recently found the best partition managers for Mac , which helped me solve just one problem out of many.

My lenovo laptop has been shutting down very frequently lately. it upsets me

laptop problems? There is a great solution for this problem! Get consultation online from certified laptop experts https://howly.com/computers/type-laptops/ . The main goal of Howly is to provide you with 24/7 reliable assistance in case of various breakdowns of your devices.

Thread Information