Vibrant ad links

Is there anyway to shut those stupid things off? Really annoying when you mouse over one and they pop up only to have to be closed manually.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Vibrant ad links

Rob, I don't know, but Gabriela is just using that response to get people to click on his/her spam link.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Rob-
    I agree that ads can be annoying. But they're a fact of life and without them there would be no PhotographyREVIEW.com. So I appreciate your support and understanding. Having the Vibrant ads open occasionally is a small price to pay for this rich and friendly site.
    Besides, it's really important that we have every source of income possible right now. You know about the current economic situation. It's affecting us just as much as it is other businesses. So please help support us by accepting the fact that advertising makes the site possible. And when you do decided to buy some new photo equipment, please use the shopping links here on PhotographyREVIEW.com to compare and buy.

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hi Rob,
    Just click on those links then appear for the help link and you can disable them there. Vibrant is happy to allow you to take them down. No problems easy to do just need to click on them when they look. It is very helpful I might add!

Ads across the top and down the side already. At least make it so members can shut the vibrant ads off. One thing I dont do is buy anything from any sort of popup ad. Oh well, off to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Racing
    Ads across the top and down the side already. At least make it so members can shut the vibrant ads off. One thing I dont do is buy anything from any sort of popup ad. Oh well, off to other places.
    I'll be sorry to see you go. But we do have a business to run. The Vibrant ads are an important part of what we have to do to make the site available. We'd love to be able to provide a site with no ads. But this is just how things work. Especially right now - every bit of revenue counts.
    Photo-John

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

So do ya'll get a little $ whenever the ad pops up, or when someone clicks it? For some reason I don't even see the ads anymore, but I do make sure I click through some ads when I can & when I purchase stuff online, I make sure to click through to B&H or Adorama when I buy stuff.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    So do ya'll get a little $ whenever the ad pops up, or when someone clicks it? For some reason I don't even see the ads anymore, but I do make sure I click through some ads when I can & when I purchase stuff online, I make sure to click through to B&H or Adorama when I buy stuff.
    The Vibrant ads have to be clicked for us to get paid. I appreciate that you use our B&H and Adorama links when you're shopping. Every bit counts and I hope people make it a point to shop through the site. That's one of the easiest and best ways to support us. It may look like we have tons of ads on the site. But it's sort of misleading. They don't pay as much as you people might think. We really need what we have and more. I would love to have a site with no ads. But that's just not realistic.
    Photo-John

Thread Information