Unable to Open .../index.php Operation aborted Error

I'm getting a error that says it cannot open "http://www..../index.php" with my IE. Operation Aborted.

I've had this problem for a bit on most of the galleries and review sections. I know you've told us how to fix it, but I've been busy and have waited until now to ask.
    Viewfinder has never had this problem. I've tried removing all my cookies and reloging in. works for a bit. but comes back.

I also generally start bowsing the site through ViewFinder, if that matters.

When?

Does any of the page load at all? Does it start loading and then stall and give you an error? Does it happen at a specific time of day or any time?

I haven't seen this error so I'm guessing it's something specific to your software and/or machine. That doesn't mean it's not important, though. It may be happening to lots of people. GIve me some more info so I can try to track it down.

Anyone else having similar problems?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Basically the whole page loads

then bam, operation aborted. and I get the unable to connect to sever generic error.

It's been happening for me since the format change. mainly I see it on the galeries and review/classified pages.

It doesn't happen all the time and never with Viewfinder. Soory I didn't post about it sooner. I thought I saw a post early on about a fix for this, but I could be way off.

IE 6.0.2800.1106

I just clicked on the "Home" link at the top

As soon as the page loads I get the Unable to open error and the page seitched to:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Just a suggestion Brian. Have you ever used spyware detection software such as Adaware or Spybot? These programs pick up unwanted spyware that could possibly be causing your problem. Of course a virus check would be in order as well.

You could try deleting all cookies, temporary internet files and history files. But I think your problem may go a little deeper.

Have you tried accessing other sites similar to PR?
    Lara

spyware....that's a good suggestion.

I had a bout with that a while ago. I thought things had cleared up but maybe somethings still lurks.

The virus check is current and actively running. I'll do some sweeps for spys.

Keep us posted Brian. I'll see if I can find any information for you if all of this doesn't work.

I use both Spybot and Adaware. Spybot seems to pick up things Adaware misses.
    Lara

Spyware

Brian-
    I am having no problems with the site and am not aware of any server issues. I think you should explore the possibility of a hijack. The symptoms you're describing could be caused by a combination of spyware + anti-virus software. Basically, it would be an attempted hijack/redirect being blocked by your anti-virus software. There is some nasty new spyware out there. My Home machine is jacked right now and I haven't been able to figure it out. I've been digging pretty deep and keep finding more crap on it. I'm running Ad Aware and Hijackthis. I guess I need to add Spybot, too.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hey PJ, Try TDS, Lara put me onto that and it found several things on my computer I didn't know I had, have tried other things as well, but they seemed to have been missed.

Thread Information