richg99

troubles starting out?

After registering;.... then signing in again......going to the Review site for the Sony DSC H5; .....signing in again......writing a long, detailed review...... then being told that I wasn't signed in..but the site would "hold" my review.......signing in again......then being told that I am not registered and haven't signed in.... then told that I couldn't write the review that was being "held".......because I wasn't signed in....

Hmmm...somehow.... I'll bet that I had to activate cookies to get past all of the nonsense.
    Am I the only one to whom this happens? Any advice and counsel appreciated. Rich

Re: troubles starting out?

Rich-
    I'm sorry. I hate to hear about someone having trouble trying to contribute a review. But yes - cookies would be the problem. Without cookies enabled, the system won't know remember you and you won't stay logged-in. And we need you to be registered and logged-in so we can keep reviewers accountable.

The good news is that I have made your review visible. We check them every day to see if reviews have been posted by people who aren't registered or aren't logged-in. If the reviews fit our guidelines, we go ahead and make them live. So yours is visible. But you will need to enable cookies to fully participate on the site. This Site Feedback Forum is the only exception. And I do hope you plan to spend more time with us. Your review is a nice, detailed one and I'm sure you have more to contribute.

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

richg99

Photo-John...Thanks for your prompt, concise and helpful reply.

Thanks also for posting my review. I simply hated the idea that I might have had to re-type it again. I have enough trouble with my finger/brain connections as it is.....

I have enabled Cookies and I should now be able to navigate without further issues.

One thing that you might want to pass on..... to whoever controls such things...( I have run into this Cookie issue before)..... is that the "bounce " messages or "reject" messages perhaps should include an ALL CAPS line about ENABLING COOKIES. And, since many people have no earthly idea HOW to enable cookies, maybe send them to an instruction page.

Cookies are a necessary evil in computers...so I understand ...but a fair warning might have joggled this old mind, before I became fussy over getting kicked out so many times..

Thanks again for your help. Rich

p.s. I had a minor ...still-unresolved..... situation with Sunshine Electronics ( where I bought my first DSC H2). Are comments about vendors and the products that they include in packages allowed??

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

p.s. I had a minor ...still-unresolved..... situation with Sunshine Electronics ( where I bought my first DSC H2). Are comments about vendors and the products that they include in packages allowed??
    PMFJI - yes, we have a Camera Dealer Feedback forum: http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=10
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information