Threads getting unmarked as read?

Last few days I've been getting some weirdness with threads being marked as read. I'll have caught up on the board, have all threads marked as read, maybe come back on a little later, still fine. Then next time I'm on, all the threads I read are marked as new/unread despite having no new posts.

Not a big deal, just a little strange. Don't know if its the site or if its some cookie weirdness on my end or maybe a cache issue?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Threads getting unmarked as read?

Probably because they have new responses.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Probably because they have new responses.
    No, that's the thing, they don't. Nothing new in the thread, just gets remarked as unread.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Can't help, sorry. I always just click 'new posts' and whatever I haven't seen comes up.
    I don't mark them as read.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

I am sorta of getting the reverse problem. Seems like I can log in to the Critique form and it shows all the new threads and ones with new posts. If I quit the site and later come back, the Critique correctly shows the threads and posts as 'not new.' But if I go to the Post Processing forum it is showing those as 'not new' also, like going to any of the forums resets all the forums. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Hi GB1, unfortunately that is one of two problems, either the forum is not set up to record which sections you've been to and just marks them all as read. Or, the VBulletin forum software is not capable at all of operating like you are asking for. I say this because it seems like every forum I've visited with VBulletin software marks everything read if I leave and come back or even if you've been sitting idle on the site for a while it will happen. I know PHPBB software has an option that the Administrator must turn on to allow this functionality, I believe it stores that info in your user profile on the server, and not as a cookie. It's definitely an annoyance to me as well, so I try to not read forums that don't track this until I know I will have time to browse through all of them

Thread Information