Suggest limit on number of pix posted in a day

I'd like to suggest a limit on the number of pictures that one person can post in a single day.

How about five?

Some people post more than 10 at once, which buries other people's pictures.

Thanks for considering a limit.
    -Pam :idea:
    "There is more to life than increasing its speed. -- Mahatma Gandhi"

Re: Suggest limit on number of pix posted in a day

You mean on the gallery, right?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Yes, in the Photo Gallery. When I'm viewing the most recent photos posted, it's frustrating to only see a long series by just one person. It seems to be happening more often, which is why I decided it was time to suggest a limit.

For the annual camera shows and other special happenings, I understand more than five a day, but for basic everyday posting, some type of limit would be nice.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Whoops! I might be one of those people. I usually wait until I have more than a few new items to update the gallery. When I do and classify them, I didn't consider how they might be clumped together looking from the outside in. I usually view the gallery by member instead of by category.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Suggesting a limit is an interesting point, I am actually in the course of transferring images from a previous site that I subscribed to, and have been guilty of uploading up to four images per session here. I had it in my head though that if I uploaded directly to my Member Gallery, without nominating other sub categories such as Photo Critique, I wouldn't be burying other people's images, and in fact the only way others would see my images would be indirectly, say via a post such as this. Is this the case Photo-John?
    Martin

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

When I view the gallery, I click on "Last 7 days" which shows me every photo posted to any gallery within that time span. That way I can see all the new work and comments without having to click on every single category. In this format, everything is posted chronologically so yes, if someone posts 15 photos it pushes the others down. Personally, I don't mind this though as I was planning on seeing everyone's photos anyway.

Just my two cents.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I'm with Rick I usually view the gallery in the last 7 day mode. I go as deep as I need to in order to get to photos I haven't seen. I can see how a photo can get burried, but if someone is new to the site and wants to get a gallery started with several examples of their work I don't see how else they can do it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. There are some viewing styles and posting needs that I wasn't aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by pweb
    Thank you all for your thoughts on this. There are some viewing styles and posting needs that I wasn't aware of.
    Pam-
    Yeah, there are all kinds of viewing and sorting options in the gallery. We upgraded the software recently and that added even more options. If you view all or look at the new photos on the index page, you'll see everything that's been posted. And if someone uploads ten photos, other stuff will get buried. But if you go into the individual category pages, that is less likely to be the case. However, if you upload one photo to the landscape gallery and then I upload 17, yours will get pushed down. It shouldn't happen very often, though. And if someone posts a reply to your photo, it will pop back up to the top of both your member gallery and the category it's in. There's nothing stopping you from posting a comment on your own photo if it gets pushed down...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information