Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server busy!!!

Re: Server busy!!!

Lets hope so! It's been really difficult to use the site.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Lets hope so! It's been really difficult to use the site.
    Just to be clear, my reply was in response to Paul's post about the forums. I'm not sure we've been able to isolate the gallery problem yet. And I apologize. We are working with limited technical help right now. But recently we've been finding a eliminating a lot of long-term performance issues. And I appreciate your patience - especially moderators who spend extra time on the site. You know I feel your pain
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Strange, I've found that when forums are too busy, the Gallery works fine.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Strange, I've found that when forums are too busy, the Gallery works fine.
    Paul I have found the same thing to be true, and when I can't get on the gallery many times I can access the forums. Strange???
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Paul I have found the same thing to be true, and when I can't get on the gallery many times I can access the forums. Strange???
    me too. Many times I can access other parts of the site, and get the "server busy" with the scripted page while trying to access the gallery.

I've noticed a HUGE increase in views on my gallery. I wonder if the gallery is direct linked to somewhere else. Wallpaper site?
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    me too. Many times I can access other parts of the site, and get the "server busy" with the scripted page while trying to access the gallery.

I've noticed a HUGE increase in views on my gallery. I wonder if the gallery is direct linked to somewhere else. Wallpaper site?
    To the best of my knowledge, the gallery and forums problems are not related. As far as increased views in the gallery, I've checked stats for another site driving lots of traffic and haven't found anything. I do post links to my own photos and featured photos on Twitter and our Facebook page. When I do that, I see a dramatic jump in page views for a particular image. I think images that sit on the gallery index page for a while also get a lot of extra action.
    Photo-John

Still getting some odd behavior.

I am still getting the "server busy" quite often. The favicon disappears sporadically. Many times the page will load fully, then disappear, then reload. When clicking a number of links to threads the page won't load, I get a blank page. I have to refresh to see the thread.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Still getting some odd behavior.

I am still getting the "server busy" quite often. The favicon disappears sporadically. Many times the page will load fully, then disappear, then reload. When clicking a number of links to threads the page won't load, I get a blank page. I have to refresh to see the thread.
    Is this just the gallery or the gallery and the forums? I got the "server busy" message on the gallery on Saturday night. But the forums have been very stable for me.
    Photo-John

Mostly in the forums for the odd behavior. I've refreshed several times to see if it was my browser, no change. Still getting a page load, then blank, then reload. Click a thread, blank page, refresh to see content. As I am writing this, I haven't noticed this behavior today. Favicon is still missing.

Server busy is mostly if not entirely in the gallery. I still think something's going on in the galleries. Most of my popular shots over the last few years have garnered around 400 views, 500 max, but in the last few months 1000 or more is not uncommon, for just about anything I've posted, big change. Some of this may be due to the facebook/twitter thing, I don't know. When these numbers increased is about the time I started noticing the server busy's.

Liz

Mostly in the forums for the odd behavior. I've refreshed several times to see if it was my browser, no change. Still getting a page load, then blank, then reload. Click a thread, blank page, refresh to see content. As I am writing this, I haven't noticed this behavior today. Favicon is still missing.

Server busy is mostly if not entirely in the gallery. I still think something's going on in the galleries. Most of my popular shots over the last few years have garnered around 400 views, 500 max, but in the last few months 1000 or more is not uncommon, for just about anything I've posted, big change. Some of this may be due to the facebook/twitter thing, I don't know. When these numbers increased is about the time I started noticing the server busy's.
    I've also been getting "server busy" for the past two afternoons; that is Nov. 1 & 2. There is nothing that will get this to change. This happens for me mostly in the forums - rather, always in the forums and when I can't get into the forums, I can't get anywhere else either.

I can't pinpoint my problem to anything in particular as I'm just looking to browse or post.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I've also been getting "server busy" for the past two afternoons; that is Nov. 1 & 2. There is nothing that will get this to change. This happens for me mostly in the forums - rather, always in the forums and when I can't get into the forums, I can't get anywhere else either.

I can't pinpoint my problem to anything in particular as I'm just looking to browse or post.

Liz
    You actually get a "server busy" error, Liz? That's usually a gallery problem. Next time it happens can you get a screenshot or copy the error text for me?

I have ramped up my reports of these problems and our IT guy has been doing a bunch of server work on both the forums and the galleries. I think we're on our way to eliminating the problems although, obviously, we haven't done that yet. I did notice that there seem to be some strange page load problems on the forums the last couple of days.

Thanks for letting me know when you things don't work right and thanks for being patient.
    Photo-John

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    You actually get a "server busy" error, Liz? That's usually a gallery problem. Next time it happens can you get a screenshot or copy the error text for me?

I have ramped up my reports of these problems and our IT guy has been doing a bunch of server work on both the forums and the galleries. I think we're on our way to eliminating the problems although, obviously, we haven't done that yet. I did notice that there seem to be some strange page load problems on the forums the last couple of days.

Thanks for letting me know when you things don't work right and thanks for being patient.
    John.....if I remember correctly, it doesn't come up as "error." The words are sort of encased in a thin wide gray area at the top of the page. However, I didn't pay that much attention as I was too busy refreshing the page - so I will report the next time more accurately.

Thanks for your attention.........

Liz

Liz

John - I just reviewed the original posts on this thread. It may have been the same as Armando's - about 3rd post down. Except I think it was gray......maybe....

vbulletin message: the server is too busy at the moment - please try again later.

Liz

Armando's screen shot is from the gallery. And I believe they are different problems. Thanks, though. It sounds like you hit one of the servers when it was down. And that has been the problem with the forums. We have multiple machines serving the same content and sometimes one or more are down and if you hit them you get that server error message. What we've done so far (to the best of my knowledge) is improve the reporting system so at least we know when they're down and we can restart them. Improving stability is the next step.

The gallery problem is still something of a mystery, though. I know the IT guy was working on it yesterday, though.
    Photo-John

Looks like you've got it licked John. I haven't had a "server busy" in over a week.

server busy on the gallery ever time I tried it today

Quote Originally Posted by armando_m
    server busy on the gallery ever time I tried it today
    Sorry about that, Armando. I was on the road yesterday and am just now seeing your post. I just checked the gallery and it's working fine for me. Are you still having trouble with it?
    Photo-John

yup ... still failing today

Have you tried restarting your brower and/or computer? We were having some very serious forums and gallery problems earlier today (and I'm guessing yesterday) but they should all be fixed now. It's possible the bad page is cached on your machine. The gallery should be working fine now. Can you please try restarting your browser and computer and let me know if it's still not working?

Thanks...
    Photo-John

Here is what I am getting:

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thanks, Terry. That's a forum problem. The gallery stylesheets are on the forums server. Did you try restarting your browser and clearing your cache? I have found that these pages can get cached and stuck in your browser.
    Photo-John

John, today is the first day in a week I haven't gotten the same message as the others.

Mark

I had tried restarting the browser and refreshing the page to no avail. I cleaned out my temp internet files and it works fine. Coincidence???? - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

it works for me now, I was getting the same screen OldClicker attached
    next time it happens I'll try and clean the cache

Having the same issues as OC. I also noticed that after posting in critique my gallery didn't get up dated as per usual.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information