Liz

Question Question about deleting a thread.....

I just deleted a new post in VF but the option is still there to view it. Why is that? I had uploaded the wrong photo, and couldn't figure out how to delete just the photo, so I deleted the thread. I don't want to upload more photos if people can still view the first ones. Thanks.

Liz

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Liz, I see the place...

...where you deleted the thread, and I cannot view it, so your deletion must have worked. Maybe there was a delay before the thread was removed from the server.

Now, if you mean you expected the forum to be as if you never posted the original post, I don't think that's true..

As far as I know, when you delete a thread, the thread itself is gone but the place where the thread was remains. Lara or PJ could clear this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I just deleted a new post in VF but the option is still there to view it. Why is that? I had uploaded the wrong photo, and couldn't figure out how to delete just the photo, so I deleted the thread. I don't want to upload more photos if people can still view the first ones. Thanks.

Liz
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Liz

I'm wondering if

the option to "view" that is still there on "my screen" is just available for the person who deleted it, or the moderator of that forum???

I just checked it again. It says deleted, but there are still 2 options to click into: "view" and "manage"

Yes, I remember that you can still see it had been posted - I was just confused about the viewing option as I never saw that before.

Do you know if there is a way to remove a photo once it's submitted without deleting the whole post? I know you can remove it before you submit the post, but since you can't preview the photo, you have to wait until it's already posted. Then the only option is to delete the post?

Thanks Steve.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    ...where you deleted the thread, and I cannot view it, so your deletion must have worked. Maybe there was a delay before the thread was removed from the server.

Now, if you mean you expected the forum to be as if you never posted the original post, I don't think that's true..

As far as I know, when you delete a thread, the thread itself is gone but the place where the thread was remains. Lara or PJ could clear this up...
    Last edited by Liz; 02-19-2004 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo

Hi Guys

When you, as a moderator delete a post, but do not physically remove it, you can still see the information, but other members can't. I personally choose delete the post (not physically remove) just in case I need to reinstate it. Once it's physically removed, the moderator can't bring it back.

So your option to view the deleted post is correct Liz. The manage option is where you would be able to put the post back on the site.
    Lara

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Lightbulb

I updated my title, but it doesn't relect the changes in the title?

here is how it's done

TEST..delete posted image
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information